Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mama Vi........she still has it!

Wanted to let everyone know that Mama Vi is doing well. She's still just as full of life as ever. She's just a little bored and lonely.

It's hard being so far away. I have to really work to remind myself that I need to call, that she wants to hear what's going on at work. In my life.

I called her Saturday morning from Vegas. She was so mad at me.....seems time had gotten away from me and I hadn't talked to her for about a week. Oops.

So I caught her up on my personnel issues, my travels and my plans. She was amazing.

Full of ideas and suggestions. Words of wisdom and advice. It was a fantastic conversation.

It really brought it home for me. I need to remember that she is the person responsible for who I am today, what I do. I learned this from her! And despite the fact that she may not be a spring chicken anymore, she is still the best resource I have, the strongest support system.

She is.....Mama Vi. One of the most amazing women I've ever met.

Oh - and she said to tell everyone "Hi!"

2 comments:

  1. Hi to Mama Vi! So glad to hear she's doing well!

    Does she have a PC? You guys could video chat; sometimes it can really ease the loneliness, seeing your loved ones face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she doesn't have a computer, you definitely should get her one for video chat, instant messaging, etc.

    ReplyDelete