Saturday, October 30, 2010

Moving On

Any of you that know me, know I have a tendency to name things. Things that I'm attached to, things I interact with regularly. Things a part of my daily life. And I don't just name 'em, tend to become attached to 'em. Homes, vehicles, garmins (I know what you were thinking....shame on you!)

Anyway - I've had to make a tough decision. This week I had a major break-up. Not only did I break-up but I've already moved on.

That's right.....if that makes me fickle then so be it.

See, I've gotten rid of Lee - my garmin. I'm tired of going to those places no lady should be, I'm tired of the misdirection and the mocking sound of his voice. "Recalculating". Enough!!

So I put him aside. And found.....Brian. Brian, is bright (I can see the map without my glasses) and modern (latest technology). Sophisticated and intelligent (constant updates). So far he's taken me to the beach, and downtown - in such a relaxing and timely manner.

I'm very happy.

And while new is good, I'll have to admit that I'm gonna miss my old friend. His voice got me across the country, took me on many interesting rides. But there comes a time when you just have to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment