Sunday, October 17, 2010

Let There Be Light

Wow. It's been a while....again, hasn't it? But man oh man oh man has it been eventful. Let me tell you.......

I went up to Chicago and got to sneak in a quick visit with Mama Vi and the family. Cuz even flew up to Chicago and met up with me at the airport. We got that drive back and forth for some quality time that was much needed by both of us. Shopping - with people - cooking, laughing. All very much needed by this weary woman.

Then, not home 2 weeks and I had a quick trip to Palm Springs. It was business but I found a new place I want to run away too. The best part? The quiet. I got to spend a few minutes, sitting on my private balcony, drinking coffee and grabbing a smoke with the sun shining on my face. It was AMAZING.

A couple of huge wins at work then an overnite trip to Vegas to help out Cooking with the Troops at BlogWorld Expo. Spent time with some amazing folks and really started to realize myself. I laughed. I drank. I shared my passion for our Military - and my company as it happens.

I was thrilled to see PepsiCo was a major sponsor for this event. Went over to the booth, talked to the young lady working and let her know how much I'd love to help with this project. Got a few irons in the fire, so we'll see where that leads.

All in all, it's been a pretty great month. And....as if that's not enough, a dear friend will be in Orange County for about 3 weeks so we'll get some quality time together.

So, let's see - time with family, time working and focusing on Soldier's Angels and CWWT, a chance to laugh and enjoy the company of some amazing folks. All Good. All needed so very much.

And it's really made me realize something. I found my passion again. Passion for something other than hitting plan or keeping the trucks on the road. Passion for the stand my employer is making in this world - a passion I can share freely. Passion for our Military and those who support them. My friends and family.....my HEAVENS how I've missed them.

I even made a few connections that will help me do more in this world to fight domestic violence.

Talk about a reawakening.

Long time over due. Long time. I feel alive. I couldn't sleep last night for all I want to say. And Do. And share.

It's amazing. And wonderful. And exciting. I have all these ideas - and really can't wait to share them all with you..........

I think I've finally had a REAL live break thru. And after 21 months of "I hate it here" and another 9 months of "I need a job" I may actually be back to my old self - but this time with new things to say!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome!

    I told Joanie to give you a big hug for me if she saw you at Blog World! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Climb up on something real tall. Now, look just a tad south of due east.See that tiny dot? that's me, jumping up and down hollering, "Go Tammi!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you already! When are you coming back? And is there enough room on your sofa for me to come visit you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all! And Joanie? I miss you too....there is ALWAYS room for you in Tammi's World. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're gonna have to figure something out so that we can get together.

    By the way? That reignition of passion? Yep. I get that...I felt it, too. Something was definitely reawakened within me.

    ReplyDelete