Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Livin' The Dream

I love that my employer is now "into" social media. It gives me the freedom to talk about some amazing things we have going on.

And, IMHO, the Pepsi Dream Machine is pretty damned amazing. It's not just about recycling. No....it does a lot more than that.

By utilizing the Pepsi Dream Machine you are not just helping the environment, you're giving our wounded military heroes an opportunity to start a new life. You give them hope. You make their dreams come true.

That's right - a portion of the money made from this process goes to EVB - a program that trains Veterans how to start their own business.

I know not everyone has facebook - but here's the link to their page, in case you do...

And if you don't, or you're too busy to click over, here's an ad from YouTube. Meanwhile - spread the word. Talk about this. It's easy, it's smart, it's a GOOD THING!!!!

I won't kid you - the environmental benefits are a side note to me. Yeah, it's good to recycle. But my main excitement comes from knowing I'm doing SOMETHING for our Veterans.


3 comments:

  1. Love it! I'll be looking for the Pepsi Dream Machine in my favorite stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty awesome! I'm on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick word about embedding videos. Your main column is only 600 px, so when you embed a video that's 660 like this one, it breaks into the side column.

    Fortunately, YouTube makes this insanely easy to fix. If you scroll down about 2 inches below the embed code there's a box that says "Custom". Enter the width you want (like say 425 or 560, which are standard YouTube widths), and it automatically calculates the height and updates the embed code, so you can just copy & paste like normal.

    ReplyDelete