Sunday, September 5, 2010

Checking In!

Well, so much for that whole "blogging daily again" gig. I really HAVE to pick up a laptop. In an effort to really NOT work this labor day I did what I never do and brought home my anchor from the office. The good news is it allows me to throw up a post. The bad news? Yeah....I'm probably going to check my numbers and run a few reports. But at least I'll be doing it in my living room, drinking a good cup of coffee and watchin' something mindless on the T.V.

What's been going on? Well........we've turned the tide at work. Finally. For the 1st half of this year we were not doing so well, numbers wise. I cannot begin to tell you the pressure that puts on a person. Holy Moly. You'd have thought the world was ending.

We had meeting after meeting, recap after recap. All in an effort to get ahead of plan. Funny thing was my strategy? My plan? Yeah. Sell more. Can't really sell more when I'm so focused on being behind. When you're running a race you don't look back, stay focused on where you're going.

I've said all along - 9x1. (that's how we break everything down, period by week) I had a plan. And I knew, no matter what anyone wanted to hear, that was the soonest we could do anything.

Guess what. We hit plan 9x1. And every week after that. Well, actually we blew plan away every week since then.

Plan your work, work your plan. Pretty simple.

Personally? Yeah, well, Army Wife and her hubby were going to come and visit, but that ended up getting pushed out. That was kinda sad.

I was supposed to be in Indiana the 18th of Sept. but that got pushed out. Oh, I have to be in Chicago for training on the 28th of Sept but I delayed my vacation to the end of October.

I'm a great aunt. My oldest niece gave birth to a beautiful baby boy a couple of weeks ago. I cannot wait to get my hands on that angel. It was very hard being so far away for that.

As you can see - a lot of the same ole same ole in Tammi's World. But I'm still here. I'm fine. Hopefully I'll have a little more to say this afternoon. Now - what have y'all been up to?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and your team!! I know y'all had to work danged hard to not only hit your numbers but consistently blow 'em out of the water!

    Congratulations also on the new addition to the family! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was the weekend I was planning to sleep on your living room couch, too.

    Some other time, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No couch for your RM. I have the guest room all set up and ready. :( I'm so sorry.....

    ReplyDelete