Sunday, September 12, 2010

Real Love

Yesterday was pretty emotional for me. September 11th usually is, but yesterday it was especially so.

9 years later and I'm still mad as hell.

9 years later just a glimpse of the footage evokes tears.

9 years.

Bastards.

I actually had to work a bit yesterday. I had 2 trucks go down on Tuesday so the guys wanted to work Saturday to make up the stops. I had to let them in, so if I'm up at 3:30 might as well stay up. Plus, it's time to commit to plans for next year, so it's not like I didn't have anything to do - for cryin' out loud.......

Today I'll putter. My house is horrible at this point. I don't even want to be here. I need to fix that. Plus, I leave for Chicago in 2 weeks for a bit of training and I'd love everything to be in tip top shape for my return. Hell, I've actually got a lot of traveling in the next month. That quick trip to Chicago, 2 days in Phoenix a few weeks later, then 2 days in Vegas for Blog World, then a week in Indiana with Mama and the family. Yeah, it's time to get things pulled together

Oh, and that baby...that beautiful baby boy who has graced us with his presence. I get to finally hold him. I can't wait. And I'll leave this little update with my new favorite picture in life. It's Blake, sandwiched between his Mama (on the right) and his Aunt Heather on the left. I love this picture. To me it is love defined..........

1 comment:

  1. Precious! Babies are the embodiment of love and Blake looks pretty content to spread it around! ;)

    ReplyDelete