Sunday, June 27, 2010

Southern Love

This past week was really a nightmare. Really. It was.

As usual I can't go into details, but I will sum it up with one phrase. "Liars never prosper".

Oh, they can cause a huge mess, ruin a lot of lives, but they never prosper.

Anyway - one of my guys had gone on vacation and was back on Thursday. His destination? Orlando. To say I was jealous is putting it mildly.

We got a chance to chat about his family adventure and I'm happy to say he now has a bit of understanding on why I love that state so much. He didn't see what I consider the meat and potatoes of it all, never made it to the Gulf Coast, but even his kids saw how beautiful that state can be.

As we chatted and I answered some of his "why do they" questions, I really REALLY started to get homesick. That night was a night full of remembering.

And it was not just of Florida - it was of all things southern. See, living down there I spent a lot of time traveling the south. And, ohhhh I do love the south.

Sweet tea & cornbread. Hi Y'all, and smiles for strangers. I love the heat, and yes - even the humidity. It has it's pitfalls, I'm not that starstruck. But I'll tell you what - I'll take hurricanes over earthquakes any day.

Ahhh The South. I miss it more than I realized.

And this Sunday morning, here is one of my all time favorite songs. Southern Rock at it's best......it takes me back to college and cruisin'. And it carried me through to boating and beachin' a few years later.

Timeless. And never fails to make me tap my toes and smile.


1 comment: