Sunday, June 20, 2010

Still Waiting

As you may remember, I had actually paid someone to start the search for my birth mother.

We started out strong. They were encouraged by the amount of information I had. I was encouraged by their enthusiasm.

It's now been a few months.

I gotta tell you, I'm starting to get worried that despite my caution in who I hired, I may have been taken. I haven't had so much as an email in over a month. Nothing. Nada.

This is one time that silence is not golden.

I am not happy. I'm going to try getting ahold of them again this week. I'll call and email and see what kind of response I get.

If I get nothing? Well, then I'll be posting all of the pertinent information just so YOU know who NOT to do business with.

$800 is not chump change. And I'm beginning to feel a bit like a chump.

3 comments:

  1. You have an absolute right to a written statement detailing how they've spent your money. If you can't reach them by phone, send a certified letter requiring a signature. Let me know if that doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would really suck... hope they come through for you in the end...!

    ReplyDelete